This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 40 to 48 cookies
3/4 cup spelt flour
3/4 cup quinoa flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coconut oil, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsps boiling water, mixed with 1 tbsp ground flax seed meal (allow to stand until the flax seed gels)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups old-fashioned (large flake) rolled oats
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup mixed chopped dates, raisins and cranberries or any other dried fruit you love
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 4 baking sheets with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the coconut oil and sugar and beat until light and creamy. Add the water-flax seed mixture, vanilla and maple syrup to the coconut oil mixture and mix well.
4. Gradually add the coconut oil mixture to the flour mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in oats, coconut and dried fruits.
5. With a tablespoon, drop the dough about 2 inches apart onto the baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes on the sheets and, if you can wait, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: