This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 1 medium loaf
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup coconut oil or other non-dairy butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsps soy or rice milk
3/4 cup silken tofu, pureed
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350įF. Prepare a 9◊5 inch loaf pan by greasing and lightly flouring the pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and sugar. Add the soy milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Fold the tofu into the coconut oil mixture in 3 portions. Donít beat the tofu, just mix it with a wooden spoon. The tofu might curdle slightly, which is normal.
5. Slowly add 1/2 cup of the flour at a time to the tofu mixture. Mix the flour well before adding more flour. Once all the flour is added, the batter should look very smooth.
6. Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes. Use a toothpick or thin knife to ensure that the middle is cooked by poking the center of the loaf. If toothpick or knife comes out clean, the cake is ready.
7. Once cooked through, remove the cake from the oven and let it rest at least for 10 minutes before inverting it onto a cooling rack. Transfer it to a cooling rack and let it cool completely before slicing it. This may take a few hours, so be patient!
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: