This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
⅓ cup melted refined coconut oil or vegetable oil (plus more for brushing the trays)
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup brown rice flour
⅓ cup chickpea flour
½ cup corn starch
¼ cup arrowroot
1 ½ Tsp baking powder
½ Tsp xanthan gum
½ Tsp salt
1⁄8 Tsp baking soda
6 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup vanilla extract
½ cup hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare the doughnut trays by brushing them with oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flours, the corn starch, arrowroot, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, and hot water. Add the coconut oil mixture to the flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
4. Drop 2 ½ tablespoons of the batter into each doughnut mold and spread the mixture evenly in the mold by using a toothpick.
5. Bake the doughnuts for 8 minutes and then rotate doughnuts. Continue to bake the doughnuts for about 7 minutes more or until they are golden brown.
6. Allow the doughnuts to cool in the molds for 5 minutes before sprinkling the doughnuts with dry toppings such as sugar or 15 minutes if you are going glazing or icing.
**This recipe was adopted from BabyCakes Covers the Classics, by Erin Mckenna
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: