This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small garlic clove
1 small onion , chopped
1 sweet red or yellow pepper
3/4 cup parboiled rice
1-1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup frozen peas
1. In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Fry the onion and garlic until softened.
2. Add the pepper and rice to the onions and stir for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken stock, cinnamon, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
4. Reduce the heat and cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed. This should take about 20 minutes.
5. With a fork, stir in peas and heat until the peas are warm. Serve with roasted chicken, turkey or grilled white fish.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: