This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
3 cups dairy-free milk
3 tbsps of lemon juice or vinegar
2 cups cornmeal, stoneground
1 cup gluten-free flour*
1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsps honey
6 tbsps vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sliced scallions (optional)
*Use any pre-made gluten-free all purpose flour or see our Gluten-Free Recipes "Mixes and Sides" section for a gluten-free flour mix
1. Mix the dairy-free milk with the lemon juice (or vinegar) and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Grease a 9 by 5 by 3 inch loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, xanthan or guar gum, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the diary-free milk mixture with the honey, eggs and oil. Beat well.
5. Slowly pour in the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix well.
6. Once the wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined, stir in the scallions.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife is inserted into the center comes out clean. Slice and serve with chili.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: