This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 4 servings
1 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 sweet onion, chopped into large chunks
sea salt and black pepper
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsps parsley, minced
8 fresh basil leaves, torn
2 cups vegetable stock
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Place the tomatoes, garlic, and onions in a ovenproof dish. Season with salt and pepper and mix in the extra virgin oil and balsamic vinegar.
3. Using a potato masher, smash together the ingredients. This infuses and enhances the flavors of the soup. Roast the mixture in the oven for about 20 minutes.
4. Remove the tomato mixture from the oven and allow it to cool. Add the basil and parsley. In another medium pot, add the vegetable broth and bring to a low boil. Pour the tomato mixture into the vegetable broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. You can either serve immediately or allow it to cool for 2 hours in the fridge and serve it cold. Serve with slices of avocado on top!
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: