This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 4-6 servings
2 pounds chicken drumsticks or thighs
Ingredients for the Marinade
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
1/4 tsp ground cumin or caraway seeds
1/4 tsp ground coriander
4 tsps sugar
2 tsps paprika
3/4 inch finely chopped ginger
3 garlic gloves, crushed
1/2 tbsp fresh basil
1/2 tbsp fresh cilantro
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Remove the narrow end of the drumstick by cutting it off with a butcher's knife. Deeply score the pieces of chicken with a knife to allow the marinade to penetrate throughout the chicken.
2. Arrange the chicken in a shallow bowl.
3. In a blender, or by hand, mix together the dry spices and sugar. Once thoroughly mixed, add all of the remaining ingredients except for the oil. Once all of the spices are evenly distributed, add the oil and mix again.
4. Spread the marinade over the chicken, cover and let it marinade in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
5. Cook the chicken on a medium grill for about 20 minutes, basting with the marinade and turning once. Serve with steamed rice and a salad!
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: