This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 6 servings
For the Pastry
1/2 of our "Gluten and Dairy Free Pie Dough"
For the Filling
18 asparagus spears
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup grated Gruyère
1/2 cup grated Comté
1 cup 2% milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2-3 tsps chopped mixed herbs (chives, basil and parsley)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll out the pastry by putting the dough on parchment paper and putting another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough. Roll the dough out with the rolling pin on top of the parchment paper. To transfer the rolled out dough to the 8 inch tart pan, lift the dough with the parchment paper and flip it over onto the tart pan. Press the dough down firmly. Trim off the excess pastry around the edge of the pan.
2. Line the pie dough with tin foil and baking weights or beans. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. As the pastry bakes, boil salted water to cook the asparagus. Once the water is boiling, add the asparagus and simmer for about 3 minutes or until tender. Drain the asparagus and cut in half.
4. In a medium-large bowl, mix together the eggs, cheese and milk and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the blind baked tart shell. Arrange the asparagus spears and sprinkle with the herbs.
5. Bake the tart at 350°F for a further 30 minutes or until the center is firm and looks golden brown. Serve warm with a side salad!
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: