For the Creamy Coconut Pea Purée:
1 1/4 cups frozen peas
1/2 coconut milk (full fat)
1 small garlic clove
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
For the Scallops
6 medium scallops
coconut oil, for frying
1. Boil 1/4 cup of water and, once boiling, add the peas and garlic. Boil until the peas are cooked and then drain the peas to remove all water. Do not discard the garlic.
2. Put the peas and garlic, coconut milk and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat and grease well with coconut oil. Once the coconut oil has melted, place the scallops on the pan. Rotate the scallops every minute, or so, until the scallops have lost their pink color. This should take about 4 to 6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the scallops.
4. When the scallops are cooking, pour the pea purée in a pan and heat on low heat.
5. To serve, plate the scallops and pour the pea purée on top. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or cauliflower purée.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: