This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 6 burgers
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1 clove garlic, minced
2 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans or chickpeas, drained
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground toasted cumin seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne or black pepper
3 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
3 tbps cornmeal, plus 1/3 cup for coating burgers
oil, for frying
1. Heat the water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the quinoa. Return the water to a boil and, once boiling, reduce it to a low simmer. Cover and cook the quinoa until the water has been absorbed. This should take about 10 minutes. Uncover and let stand.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, scallions and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant. This should take about 5 minutes.
3. Once the onions are cooked, add the beans, paprika, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Allow the bean mixture to cool and place in blender and blend until the beans are smooth. Once the beans are fully mashed, put the bean mixture in a large bowl and add the quinoa, parsley and 3 tbsps of cornmeal. Mix well and until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4. Form the bean mixture into 6 patties. Coat them evenly with the remaining the remaining cornmeal and transfer to a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. Heat about 2 tbsps of oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium and cook 3 burgers for about 2 to 4 minutes per side. The burgers are ready when they are heated through and browned on the outside. Top with your favourite burger dressing!
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: