This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 pound frozen spinach
2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 small shallot, sliced
2 thyme sprigs
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
About 3 pounds (6 to 8 medium) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon coconut oil, at room temperature
6 ounces grated goat cheese (or vegan cheese to make dairy-free)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
2. Cook the frozen spinach according to package directions.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, garlic, shallot, thyme and bay leaf. Heat over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced by half. This should take about 25 minutes. Use a strainer to separate the coconut milk from the solid pieces. Stir in the nutmeg and mix well.
4. Slice the potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick rounds with either a mandoline or sharp knife.
5. Use the coconut oil to grease a 12- to 14-inch gratin, deep baking or casserole dish.
6. Assemble the gratin by layering the ingredients by first lining the bottom of the dish with one-third of the potato slices. The potato layer should be slightly overlapping. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper then top with one-third of the cheese, half the spinach and one-third of the reduced coconut milk mixture. Repeat once, and then top with a final layer of potato, salt and pepper, and the remaining cheese and milk.
7. Bake until the top is browned and the potatoes are fork-tender. This should take about 55 minutes.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: