This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 4 servings
2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 garlic clove, mashed
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup plain dry gluten-free breadcrumbs, divided
2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
2 scallions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to grease baking sheet
1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
1 avocado, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with some olive oil.
2. In a large bowl mash together the black beans, garlic and cumin with a fork until no whole beans remain. Stir in the peas and 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs. Reserve the remaining 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs for breading.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir 1 cup of this tomato mixture into the black bean mixture.
4. In a shallow bowl or on a plate, mix together the remaining 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, oil and the black pepper. Mix well to make sure the breadcrumbs are coated with oil. Divide the bean mixture into 8 scant 1/2-cup balls. Bread each bean croquettes by lightly press each croquettes into the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake the croquettes for about 20 minutes or until the croquettes are heated through and the breadcrumbs are golden brown. As the croquettes cook, in a medium bowl mix together the avocado and the remaining 1 cup tomato mixture. Add salt and pepper to the salsa, to taste. Serve the salsa with the croquettes and a side of rice, potatoes or salad (try our Mexican Slaw recipe!).
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: