This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 5 medium sized burgers
1/2 cup uncooked amaranth
2/3 cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp grape seed oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp sage
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup chickpeas
1 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 4 tbsps boiling water, set aside for 10 minutes
1/2 cup gluten and yeast-free bread crumbs, plus more for frying
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
Grape seed oil, for frying
1. Put the amaranth and the broth in a medium sized pot and boil until cooked. This should take about 25 minutes or until the amaranth is gelatinous. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
2. As the amaranth boils, heat the oil and add the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to release their moisture. Add the sage, thyme and garlic powder and continue to cook until all of the mushroom liquid is gone. Set aside.
3. In a large food processor, add the chickpeas and the flax seed mixture and pulse until smooth. Next, add the mushrooms and the amaranth and blend until the mixture begins to stick together. Add the bread, parsley, salt and pepper and blend until the mixture comes together and can be formed into patties.
4. Make 4 to 5 patties that are 1 1/2 inches thick. Dredge in the remaining bread crumbs and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes (this helps the patties to stick together).
5. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook each patty for about 5 to 8 minutes per side. Serve on a bun or over a salad or topped with my Simple Roasted Cherry Tomato Salsa (see "Sides and Mixes").
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: