This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 12 Servings
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 tbsps brown sugar
1/4 cup maple sugar
1/2 cup silken tofu
1 tbsp grated orange zest
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (see our Gluten-Free "Sides and Mixes" section for healthful blends)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup rice milk
2 tbsps lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
1/2 cup diced dried apricots
3 tbsps maple syrup
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsps coconut oil
2 tbsps brown rice flour
1/4 chopped nuts or puffed quinoa
1/4 cup rolled rice flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
2. By hand or with an electric mixer, beat together the coconut oil and sugar in a large bowl. Once thoroughly mixed, add the maple syrup, tofu and orange zest. Beat together under medium speed until smooth.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, xanthan gum, all of the baking powder and baking soda and salt. In a third bowl, mix together the milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
4. Slowly add the flour and the milk-mixture to the coconut-tofu mixture. Alternate between the flour and milk mixture when adding it to the coconut-tofu mixture. Mix until combined, but do not over beat the mixture.
5. Using a big spoon, fold in the dried fruit and then spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Mix the topping ingredients, if using, and sprinkle on top of the cake.
6. Bake the cake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the centre is cooked through.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: