This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup gluten-free flour mixture (see our "All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Mixture")
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup soy milk or any other milk substitute
2 tbsps melted coconut oil or vegan butter
coconut oil or vegan butter, to grease the skillet
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour mixture, xanthan gum and salt. Mix well.
2. In a medium-large bowl, mix together the eggs, soy milk and oil. Beat well and slowly add to the flour mixture. The batter should have the consistency of a heavy cream. If it is too runny, add a bit of flour. If it is too thick, add some more soy milk.
3. Heat the skillet or pan over medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil. The pan must be hot enough for the crÍpe to cook properly. The pan is ready when you drop a bit of batter onto the pan and it cooks within a few seconds, but doesn't sizzle.
4. Once the pan is ready, pour just enough batter so that it makes a thin coating on the bottom of the pan. For an 8 inch crÍpe, you want to use 1/4 cup or so of the batter. After you have poured the batter onto the pan, lift the pan quickly and tilt the pan so the batter moves from side to side, coating the entire pan.
5. Return the pan to the heat and cook until the crÍpe is lightly browned on the bottom, the top is firm and the sides are lightly crisping. This should take about one minute. Flip the crÍpe and brown the other side for a few seconds. Your crÍpe is ready to serve. Top it with anything - from fruit and chocolate to veggies and eggs to ham and cheese!
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: