This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
Yield: 15 pancakes
2 tbsps vegan butter or coconut oil (or regular butter, if not avoiding dairy)
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup yellow cornmeal, finely ground
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups rice milk or any other dairy substitute, plus 3 tbsps lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (or buttermilk, if not avoiding dairy and skip step # 1)
Vegan butter, coconut oil or vegetable oil for greasing
1. Mix the rice milk and lemon juice and set it aside for 15 minutes.
2. In a food processor, grind the oats and then put them in a large bowl. Mix in the cornmeal, salt and baking soda.
3. Slowly add in the milk and lemon juice mixture and stir well.
4. As you are mixing the oat and cornmeal with the rice milk, heat the butter on a large skillet pan. Once the butter is melted, add it to your cornmeal mixture and stir well.
5. Reheat the griddle over medium hot heat and grease it with butter or oil. With a small ladle, pour the desired amount of batter onto the griddle. Once bubbles appear on top of the pancakes, flip them and cook them for 2 more minutes. Serve the pancakes hot and top with fruit, butter, honey or maple syrup.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags: